Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Purina Farms

My mom and I took the kids to Purina Farms today to see the "Easter Village" exhibit. They have all kinds of baby animals that the kids can see and some they can touch. You can also see the grown up animals down in the barn. We've gone every year since Claire was 2, and the kids really enjoy it.

Even though it was cold today, we had a great time and the animals were really friendly. I guess since there weren't too many people there, the animals weren't as tired out. They were coming right up to us and letting us pet them. Elise (our future Veterinarian) was especially thrilled and kept trying to hug all the animals. We kept trying to tell her that most of them really don't like hugs.

The only bad thing that happened was that Elise decided to wet her pants. Then she had to walk all the way back to the car in the cold wind with her wet pants on (I had a spare outfit in the car, thank goodness!). I'm sure that wasn't very comfortable, and she wasn't a happy camper. But I guess that should help her remember to tell us next time that she needs to go.

Still, it was much better than last year when Elise decided to throw a world-class tantrum that lasted most of the time we were there. So I had to carry her thrashing, screaming body around with my 8 months pregnant belly (Eric wasn't with me). Gotta love 2 year olds.

Anyway, here's a few pictures from our day:

With the Easter Bunny

Elise and a sheep. This sheep actually bleated like crazy when we left, and the people working there said she really wanted us to come back and give her more attention.

Claire with the momma and baby goat.

Emilie and the piglets.

A belgian draft horse who also came right up and let everyone pet her.

1 comments:

I'm Not Skippy said...

That is a creepy looking Easter bunny. I can't wait till Parker gets old enough to do that kid of stuff.