Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Favorite Thing Tuesday

I'm going to try to think up some weekly "themes" to post about. That way I'll still have some things to post about even if the girls haven't done anything super cute or we haven't gone anywhere or done anything exciting. So my first "theme" is gong to be Favorite Thing Tuesday. On Tuesdays, I'll post about something I'm currently or continually liking. It might be baby/kid related or something that's floating my boat :-) So to start us out, here's a baby/kid item that we couldn't do without:


This is the Maclaren Volo. After going through numerous strollers over the course of 4 kids, this is the one I wish I knew about from the beginning. Its lightweight, folds up small, steers really easily, is tall enough (most umbrella-type strollers kill your back!), and its sturdy enough to put up with some abuse. The new versions have some fabric on the seat and back which is nice since we had to buy a seat cover for ours (Elise gets eczema on her legs and the mesh bothered her skin), but having mesh on the sides definitely keeps them cooler and it washes easily. The few cons I can think of are that it will tip over if you have bags on the back and get the child out, the seat does not recline (so you can't use it for newborns), and while not super expensiv, its a little pricey ( it has been our go-to stroller for both Elise and Chloe, so we figure we got our money's worth out of it!) My parents use it all the time too when they babysit.

So that's my product plug for the week. I'll post again soon after I figure out some other "themes" or if the kids do something noteworthy :-)

1 comments:

trappfamilyoffive said...

Wade's sister, Shelley just posted about the same stroller and how much she loves it. I may have to get me one... Nikki