Monday, May 12, 2008

Chloe and the birthday cake

Well, Sunday we had some of Eric's and my families over for Chloe's 1st birthday party. Everyone had a good time, including the birthday girl. We found out that my picky eater's list of foods she does not like includes birthday cake. She enjoyed smashing the cake between her fists, but didn't let one bite come into her mouth. Not even when offered on a spoon would she taste it. In fact trying to give her a bite off of a spoon made her start crying. So that was the end of the first birthday cake.

Her list of foods she will eat is small at least when compared to her sisters. It includes any baby food fruit (but no pieces or dices of fresh fruit), baby cereal (who knows why she will eat that but not a cut up strawberry), sweet potato (baby food or baked), pasta, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, cheerios, crackers, gerber puffs, sometimes bread, and carrot or squash baby food if its mixed with a fruit baby food. That's pretty much it right now. I am currently reading through some homemade baby/toddler food recipes to get some ideas because I am at a loss. My other 3 kids had me spoiled. They at least tried everything and liked most things- at least for the first couple of years. We are also not having a fun time with weaning from breast feeding. She refuses milk/formula out of a bottle/sippy cup/straw cup. She drinks water from any of those sources, but let her even taste milk, and she spits it all over herself and then cries. She goes to the doctor for her 1 year check up tomorrow, so I'm hoping to get some more suggestions. Must keep repeating to myself, this too shall pass :-)

Here's some pictures from her party:



She loved her hat and she also really liked it when everyone sang "happy birthday" to her
My mom, Chloe, and I

Hmm, what is this?


Ahh! Its poison, I tell you. They're trying to kill me!

0 comments: