Friday, May 9, 2008

Aunt Pam



This Sunday, May 11th marks the 5 year anniversary of my aunt's death. It also should have been her 52 birthday. Her death, from esophageal cancer that spread into her liver, left behind a husband and college-age son who miss her desperately, her parents who will never be the same, and her sister and brother, nieces and many friends. Before her diagnosis, she was an active, fun-loving, seemingly healthy woman who was very committed to her family. My aunt died a horrible death. The problem- she was a smoker. Not even a heavy smoker. My point in this post is to encourage anyone who smokes to quit. If you can't quit for yourself and your health, do it for the family you will leave behind. She has missed so many things we would have loved to share with her. We love you and miss you, Aunt Pam.

These are some pictures of her and me that I had.
My baptism in May 1977.



My wedding shower in April 1998

0 comments: